Do you know what today is? It’s International Random Act of Kindness Day! And you know what else? In celebration of this awesome day, I'm giving one of YOU a copy of MY favorite cookbook!
This day holds a special place in my heart because for the longest time I used to do a kindness act every Wednesday and blog about my adventures. Life got in the way and I had to put them on hold, but I still try to do something to make people smile every day. Not only does a random act of kindness give an unexpected twist to someone's day, but the 'helper's high' you get lasts all day.
WHY YOU SHOULD DO A KINDNESS ACT TODAY (or very, very soon):
- It feels great to do something nice for someone. I’m sure you do nice things for the people you love every day but going out of your way for a stranger takes it to another level.
- You never know what someone is struggling with on a day to day basis. An act of kindness goes a long way in helping someone believe in love and life.
- It helps balance energy. Yes, there are bad things that happen every day, but you could be one of the good things.
- Get connected. Make a real connection with someone, look them in the eyes and smile.
- Be an inspiration. You never know who is paying attention to your actions: children, friends, neighbors. Spread kindness.
MY TOP 5 RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS
To give you some inspiration for your kindness act, I've included my 5 favorite kindness acts. They range from things as easy as giving someone bus fare to as complicated as creating custom flowers vases. But don't worry, no matter how big or small your effort, you are making a difference.
- Dry Cleaning Tab
- Upcycling Is The New Black
- Bus Fare Surprise
- People In Your Neighborhood
- Be Kind and Rewind
MY KINDNESS ACT FOR YOU - GIVEAWAY TIME!
I am OBSESSED with the Yum Universe cookbook. I literally love to just hold this book in my hands and stare at the beautifully laid out pages and feel the silky smoothness of the paper. What's written inside is pretty amazing too.
Heather Crosby breaks down everything you need to know about thriving on a plant-based diet and her recipes are delicious. If you've never heard of Heather, do yourself a favor and visit her website at www.yumuniverse.com. She is fun, enthusiastic and really cares about helping people get and stay healthy.
SO, HOW DO I WIN??
- Scroll down and sign up to receive weekly inspirations from me +
- Tell me the nicest thing someone has ever done for you in the comments section below.
I will pick a random winner next week. Good luck!